Friday, November 12, 2010

Goatie and Lambie

Here is a little diddy that I made for Morgan when he was a wee babe. It's called Goat Boy. (If you look closely you'll see I forgot to draw the rest of the harness!)

that little dog looks an awful lot like Pearl who was but a twinkle of a star sky back then.

Ah, the good old days...when a kid could ride a goat for fun. I have some photos of my great-grand-people riding goats. So does my husband. We're working on bringing that trend back. Its good old fashioned clean fun.

Goatie reluctantly leaving me. Goats heads can turn around like an owl's. He escaped twice this way . He has a good home, its down the road. In fact, we kinda knew whose it was but figured if they really wanted him they'd come at least look for him. Goatie was free to go wherever but he chose to stay with us.

Lambie goes wherever she pleases and is always there to greet me when I pull up the drive.


Goatie was just too cool. Calm, and quiet. His little bleat was so sweet. He would just come up and let you pet his funny head and stroke his long bassett hound ears and liked it. If you quit, he'd lean in and wait patiently. I'm missing that little guy!
I BRAKE FOR JUNK bumper sticker from my friend Mary Randolph "Carter"


And as a true goat, he got in my car , first the front seat, then he checked out the backseat, then the 3rd row...(yes it is a HUGE car) and finally made his way out the very back. He never pooped or ate my seats. Silly goatie.


Roscoe feeding Blossom.
We are all looking forward to spring when we can have a goatie of our own!

xo milady




5 comments:

Makeminemidcentury said...

I want a goat now!

Unknown said...

everybody should have a goat!!!:)

Anonymous said...

I will have one, one of these days. But first a cheap old farm on the Swedish border, two lamb-sisters (Magda and Dagny, or some silly name noone uses here any longer), I will park myself outside the slaughter house and save whatever I can... some day. Puh.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm sorry, I got lost in my own thoughts. Wanted to say that I really, really love the drawing! You're good, Stephanie!

Unknown said...

Dear Lilli,
I get lost too when it comes to saving lambies! Thank you for your
compliment. I am trying to put my work out there more and get back to being an artist. Having an audience helps!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails