Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanks-Giving





Thanksgiving is here. That means that the holidays are upon us.  Gatherings, gluttony and pressure to buy things make me feel like Charlie Brown.  Thanksgiving came too fast this year. I'm not ready. The snow hasn't fallen. It's too warm. Isn't it Halloween? I'm confused!
And I haven't had a chance to sit down and see this childhood staple with my kids yet. But Morgan did manage to create an elaborate scene out of playmobil. Bananas!

cartoon clip

I love that my blog friends may not understand...
thanksgiving thoughts from an ex-pat
Nor do I really...the meaning and customs have already morphed into unrecognizable and hideous forms.
Some traditions, I just found out about today!
Lost Thanksgiving Culture
Thanksgiving is really about harvest, togetherness, gratefulness and celebration of company.
Thank you Linus for reminding me!

Tomorrow i will draw the GIVEAWAY WINNER!

many thanks,
xo milady

3 comments:

nadine paduart said...

your playmobil dinner is looking inviting. i never had playmobil when young, and i was sort of jealous at all those who had. strangely enough i never bought them for my own son, but now, when encountering playmobil in thrift shps, i find i'm attracted to playing around with them... ha ha... the waves of life!
well, about that thanksgiving tradition (which we really don't have over here either), i was reminded in barbara kingsolver's ANIMAL, VEGETABLE, MIRACLE. it is a good traditional thought. i hope you had a good un' and what about black friday? does it mean, having no food at all, after the previous excess? ;)))
n♥

Ariane Reichardt said...

My kids have a playmobil stuffed turkey,
dearest Milady,
but we don't celebrate Thanksgiving here in the Old World.
Have had you enough decadent, delicious food?

I've read about your time in Asia, Bahrain, Australia... India... and laughed about...“The sky opened up and said, ‘Don’t go back to grad school’”... sounds fantastic! My place for that miracle was at the Nile.

If I'd be rich, I wanna come to you, sitting close to a crackling fire, outside there is snow, and wanna hear (and see, of course) more from you.
By then you find me in Hamburg, Fours Seasons, at tea-time... one of my favorites at Christmas time, too! Amazing...

Love, to you and your family,
Ariane, Queen of the Castle at the Eisenbach.

(I've emailed etsy. waiting for answer.)

Kristen Donegan said...

I love the play mobile feast! We had a similar one at our house. I missed the Charlie Brown pop corn this year too- hope you had a lovely one! :)


(HA HA! woolf - black Friday should mean having no food but instead people go crazy shopping)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails